Eastern Tea Club, Chapter 2: Yìwǔ 易武
We descend the gentle slopes of Nannuo and cross the Mekong River heading east: it is the end of the rainy season and the roads are more bumpy than ever, yet the valleys that surround us are breathtaking. We reach a strip of land that borders Laos: its main city is the ancient Yiwu, and here we see the golden sunset over its surrounding peaks.
Bohetang 薄荷糖 - Pazhahe Village 帕扎河: big tea trees, spring harvest 2021
- Tianmenshan 天门山 - Maba village 马叭: big tea trees, spring harvest 2023
- Gaoshan village 高山寨: ecological tea trees, spring harvest 2023
- Yiwu area 易武: ecological tea trees, spring harvest 2021
- Guafeng village 刮风寨: big tea trees, spring harvest 2021
- Tongqinghe 铜箐河 - Zhongshan village 中山寨: ancient trees, spring harvest 2023
- Manzhuan area 蛮砖: ecological tea trees, spring harvest 2023
Walong village 瓦竜: ancient trees, spring harvest 2023
Brewing these leaves you can expect to dive into the three main areas of yiwu: the floral, the honey, and the wild one, in addition to Manzhuan, the western side of Yiwu and a fellow among the Qing dynasty tributary ancient mountains.
Together with the shipment you will find extensive content on the ancient and modern history of the area, geography and culture; you will then have access to a reserved community area where we continue to upload new contents, and you can share your own tasting notes, observations, and travel stories.
After all members of the club receive their samples, we will schedule an online webinar through Zoom of the duration of one hour to taste some of the samples together and tell you more about each village, sharing experiences and tasting notes.
How to join:
Purchase and Shipments
A new chapter of the tea club, presenting new pu'er tea areas, will be published on a quarterly basis, disclosing a new destination of our virtual tea travel. You can choose to join by purchasing:
- a single edition, receiving the teas of the single chapter at home after your purchase;
- a three-chapters subscription (including chapters 2,3,4 - receiving the second chapter immediately after your purchase, and next chapters will be automatically shipped at the beginning of the relative quarterly edition, every three months)
- a full annual subscription (4 chapters, including the first one. Chapters 1 and 2 will be shipped together immediately after your purchase, and next chapters will be automatically shipped at the beginning of the relative quarterly edition, every three months).
The tea samples will be shipped to your address with free worldwide shipping, and at the same time you will receive a shipping confirmation with tracking code.
Annual subscribers can enjoy a 10% discount for purchases on all our products sitewide and a preview on new teaware before they go online. You will find the discount code and QR code to start your purchases in the welcome letter inside your club package.
NOTE: the discounted order will be shipped together with the following chapter of the club.
All Daye students (from all past and present editions!) and 2023/24 Tea Tour Travelers can enjoy a 10% discount on the price of both the single and the annual club, by using the code TEACLUB10 at checkout.
After all members of the club receive their samples, we will schedule an online webinar through Zoom of the duration of one hour to taste some of the samples together and tell you more about each village, sharing experiences and tasting notes. Every member will receive the code for the meeting, together with details on the specific date and time, via email. You are free to taste the samples as soon as you receive them, but we suggest to keep few grams to taste again and comment together.
After the meeting all participants will receive recording and other materials via email.